Woodruff Leisure Center
550 Cavins Rd., Woodruff, SC, 29388 ⋅ (864) 476-7967
The Woodruff Leisure Center provides a variety of fun and entertaining programs for all ages.
Children will enjoy karate classes, piano lessons, cheerleading, basketball leagues, and a nationally recognized Afterschool Youth Club. Full day summer camps and a playground program are also offered allowing children to enjoy the facility year round. Adults can enjoy maintaining an active lifestyle with line dancing classes. Fitness and low-impact line dancing classes are also offered for seniors. Our Senior Center, available three days a week includes activities and a hot meal for each participant. The gymnasium is open each morning to walkers free of charge.
In addition to on-going programs and leagues the Woodruff Leisure Center is also available to rent for special events such as birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers, family reunions, meetings, and other special events. With 3 multi-purpose classrooms (750 sq. ft. each or 2250 sq. ft. combined), kitchen, game room, athletic fields with picnic tables, and a gymnasium the Woodruff Leisure Center is a great place to host your next event.
With a variety of programs and activities the Woodruff Leisure Center is sure to have something to offer everyone, so drop by and see us today!
* If you are an instructor and are interested in starting a program at the Woodruff Leisure Center, please call us today to set up an appointment with the staff. We are always looking to offer new and exciting programs to the Woodruff community.
- When: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Time: 9am-1pm
- Age: 60+
- Cost: No cost for attending and meals. $45 yearly fee for trips and activities.
Enjoy a hot meal, along with special programs, guest speakers, arts & crafts, bingo, pool, and field trips. For more information contact Mattie Ellisor at (864)590-0757.
Rockin' with Rhythm Line Dancing
- Line: Mondays • 6:30-8 P.M.
- Line dancing class is open to all ages. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. $10/month
Low-Impact Line Dancing
- Tuesdays and Thursdays • 10-11:30 A.M. • Cost is $10/month
Nationally Recognized After Class Enrichment program
- Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00 PM
- $40 per week
- Open all day on teacher work days and most school holidays.
For more information click here or contact our Youth Development Office at 472-3634.
- Tuesday afternoons and evenings, ongoing year round for ages 4 through adults.
- 30 minute weekly class: $38.00 per month
- 60 minute weekly class: $70.00 per month
Piano lessons are conducted in cooperation with Piano Performers School of Music, a division of Top Performers, LLC. Class times will be assigned by the instructor.
The class combines traditional methods of teaching piano with computer technology. Kay Young, owner/director of Top Performers, LLC shares “Studies suggest that exposure to music can have a noticeable impact on academic performance. After just eight months of keyboard lessons, preschoolers in a study at the University of California, Irvine, showed a 48% boost in their spatial IQ”.
To register for this class call Kay Young at (864)574-5967.
Japanese Shotokan Karate
Martial Arts program for ages 4 to adult based on a 12-belt curriculum with the purpose of building character, instilling discipline, teaching respect and manners, and developing the mind and body. Taught by Chris Canada on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Fees: 40.00 per month
- A $25.00 uniform fee is to be paid to instructor.
Senior Adult Exercise & Walking Program
Low impact aerobics led by Brenda Robbins meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 9-10am. There is no cost for the program.The Woodruff Leisure Center Gymnasium is open from 7:30-11am daily for walkers.