|Other Link||Additional information about Lake Cooley|
COMMUNITY CENTER INFORMATION
The Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center is located within Lake Cooley Park at 100 Cooley Dock Road in Inman, SC. Lake Cooley Park is owned by the SJWD Water District and operated by the Spartanburg County Parks Department.
AMENITIES AND PROGRAMS
- Boat Ramp - open during park hours - see below for boating restrictions
- Accessible Dock and Kayak Launch - open during park hours
- Fishing Pier - open during park hours
- Playground - open during park hours
- Four Picnic Shelters - available for rent - no power outlets
- Kayak and Paddleboard Rental - Thursday and Friday - 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Summer Adventure Camp - ages 10 - 15
- Outdoor Education Center - available for school groups and business meetings
The Spartanburg County Parks Department does not regulate boating on Lake Cooley. Boating is regulated by the SJWD Water District and requires a valid permit. Permits can be obtained from the SJWD customer service department located at the SJWD Water District office on Highway 29 in Wellford, SC. Permits can be obtained Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. SJWD allows up to a 15 hp engine on a standard watercraft and up to a 30 hp engine on a pontoon boat. The permit fee is $40 per year for Spartanburg County residents, $80 per year for all other in-state residents, and $120 a year for out-of-state residents. Permits are valid from January 1 - December 31.
Lake Cooley Park is open during daylight hours.
Lake Cooley Outdoor Education Center is open to the public by appointment or by program only.
Email Kristie Oliver
To view the full list of programs and facilities across Spartanburg County, please view our online registration catalog!
PARK RULES: http://spartanburgparks.org/350/Park-Rules